Pages

Sunday 16 December 2012

I've been absent for a few months as the opportunity arose, quite suddenly and unexpectedly, to move to a new area.

I'm now living - and loving it! - in a tiny, remote, rural village in the Ribble Valley. We have five buses a day, very narrow broadband and in September I planted several hundred daffodil bulbs in the long-neglected garden which is now my responsibility.

My sewing machines live permanently on a large table - yes, over the summer they managed to breed! - and I can sit looking at beautiful sunsets, woodland, moorland  and fluffy sheep as I sew.

I've also taken up corset construction. I've always liked Meccano and d-i-y - and sewing, of course - and on making a lightly-boned bustier for a friend's anniversary party, thought 'Hey, getting more into this might be interesting ...'

And it is, oh yes it is.

1 comment:

  1. Nice to see you back. You have my imagination running in overdrive with 'Meccano' and 'Bustier' in the same sentence! The view sounds idyllic and will look wonderful in the spring with all those daffodils.

    ReplyDelete